Thursday, September 23, 2010

Deciding to Look Back








It is hard to believe that I am almost approaching 25 years old. I am almost finished with my first quarter of a century. I believe this is a good time to look back at what my life is like so far. Many people have different opinions of how they feel about themselves at this age. I believe I am at a good spot.

I was always a happy baby. I loved my family and loved being around other people. I never was around children my age until I approached kindergarten. Unfortunately, the kids in my class were not very nice. One day, for a reason that is beyond me, the class decided to play "Cops and Robbers" and volunteered me to be the robber. Everyone kept pushing me down, which caused me to sprain my ankle. Looking back, they were definitely not real friends. Despite all the troubles early on, I always still cared about people and making sure they were happy.
















Growing up, I always wanted a sibling. I would observe kids playing together in the supermarket and say to myself, "Why can't I have a sibling?" When I was six, my parents gave me the news: I was going to be a sister! I had a feeling in my gut that it was going to be a girl. My parents would say. "But honey, it could be a boy." I would say, "No, I know it's a girl." When my mother had her ultrasound, it confirmed it was a girl! When my sister was born, it was the happiest day of my life (so far)! I cannot imagine a life without my sister!

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Nice happy story. I like happy childlike image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They shouldn't have been mean during Cops and Robbers. :( But I'm happy about your beautiful baby sister being born! I love you, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are unique!

    You write so well.

    ReplyDelete