Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The College Years

I started college after high school at a community college. Everything went pretty smoothly at first. It did feel strange being in a new world. I really wanted to focus on my studies when I first started and not focus on making friends. My classes were pretty easy, except for math. I took classes in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, eventually earning certifications in three of those four classes! During my third semester, classes started to feel too overwhelming, so I decided to take a much-needed break for a while.

After two years, I continued pursuing my Associate's Degree in Business Office Technologies at a different community college. I felt this college gave me more opportunities in terms of activities and other interesting events going on. I also had an opportunity to become a peer tutor in the college's library, which I enjoyed doing very much. I also met my current boyfriend during my final semester (after I thought I would never find anybody)! Finally after many years, I earned my Associate's Degree in Business Office Technologies! A month later, I got a full-time job in that same field! I was happy to finish what I started.



My ultimate goal is to become a reference librarian. I decided to continue my education, majoring in Communications at SUNY Empire State. After earning this degree, I would like to earn a Master's Degree in Library Science. So far, I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with this degree program, and I am looking forward to future classes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for pursuing your dreams and passions. I will help you anyway I can, including in math. :) That was an amazing semester! I love you!

    ReplyDelete